Re: Connection Problem!

From: Khurram Izhar <KhurramI_at_Ducont.Com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:10:29 +0400

How to check that. As I told you through the Net8 utility the test option is performing a successful connection to the host. Can anyone tell me the exact format of connect string from the SQL*PLUS.

I also wanted to confirm; in oracle is "Sql*Plus" is the only utility to connect to the remote host for creating objects in the database?

Regards,
Khurram

"Alexander Penev" <alex_at_penev.com> wrote in message news:3B00578A.EABE00A8_at_penev.com...
> can you post your tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora from the win2k box here.
>
> Khurram Izhar wrote:
>
> > The mentioned service is running. I have also tested through the Net8
> > utility that the Net Service Name for the database is connecting and the
> > "Test" says "successfull" though both "scott" and "SYSTEM" accounts.
> >
> > While I am running the SQL*PLUS, its not connecting through the connect
> > string.
> >
> > I am using the string "connect scott/tiger_at_TEST" string to connect to
 the
> > host running the database 'test' for which I have created the net
 service
> > name 'test' in the client.
> >
> > Is the syntax for the connect string is okay? Do I need to give a the
 same
> > username and password in the fields before the Host string option.
> >
> > Khurram
> >
> > "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Khurram Izhar" <KhurramI_at_Ducont.Com> wrote in message

 when I
 try
 SQL*PLUS, I
 am