Re: Getting Oracle to tell me why it's unhappy

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 01:06:20 GMT

The init.ora parameter 'ifile' stands for 'include file'. A convenient way of isolating the 'mandatory, non changeable parameters' so you can have mutiple init.ora config files and still keep the core database requirements up.

Why would you want multiple config files? Examples - change process count, change rollback segments, other things that might impact performance.