Re: About "Internal" user in Oracle

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 17:23:03 +0200

Answers embedded

"Victor Lung" <victorlung_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9dm65r$2al5_at_imsp212.netvigator.com...
> Hello, I am a beginner of Oracle. I have some questions about the oracle
> user "Internal"
>
> 1. When will the INTERNAL user be created? after the Oracle server
> installation, after the first database iss created, or after the creation
 of
> each database?

Internal isn't an ordinary user, the internal mechanism has been deprecated quite a while ago, and will disappear in 9i.

If you talk about 'database' you must come from a sqlserver background. A database is sqlserver is *not* the same as a database in Oracle. Further details in the Oracle Concepts Manual.

> 2. Is that there is only one Internal User in the oracle server?

One per instance.

> 3. Why do oracle need Internal User?

To perform maintenance work, when the database is down and access to the datadictionary is not possible.

> 4. What is the main difference between Internal user and SYS or SYSTEM
user?

In order to connect as sys the database must be mounted and open.

> 5. Where can I edit Oracle Internal User's profile?

You can't.

> THX a lot

Please read the manuals Oracle provides. The answers to your questions are *all* *well* covered by the documentation.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sun May 13 2001 - 10:23:03 CDT