logical storage philosophy?

From: Fred A G <nospam_at_allowed.localhost>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 13:55:15 +0200

Bon jour, tout le monde!

I am searching through Metalink and other sites for a source on storage parameters policies, but nothing much comes up. Aren't there any around? I am also interested to hear about the philosophies used by the database management people here, when it comes to Oracle logical storage parameters (like initial, next, max extent, pct increase, and so on).

For instance, what behaviour do you expect for initial and additional extents. Aim for one big (enough) inital and only a few additional per year or at most per month? Is the max extent limit (e.g. 121) a safeguard and for normal operation it should be near unreachable, or is unlimited the way to go?

Regards
/Fad Received on Sun May 13 2001 - 06:55:15 CDT