Re: Table created two places

From: Bart <bart_at_baaaaaaaaart.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 11:51:29 +0100

>SQL> 1 select table_name, tablespace_name
>SQL> 3 where tablespace_name in ('TOOLS', 'USER
>SQL> /
Sadly, you managed to miss the all important line 2 of your code fragmentation.

You must be selecting from either all_tables or dba_tables.

You are not the owner of this table and there is no synonym, therefore, you must qualify the owner of the table.

Add the column "owner" to your original dictionary query.

Then re-run your query but specify {owner}.dept.

I think, from your, symptoms, that it's not a rights issue. If you get further problems, then the owner of the table will need to grant "select" to you. Received on Sun May 13 2001 - 05:51:29 CDT