Re: Odd behavior when recovering with backup controlfile

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 18:46:23 GMT

This is expected behaviour when recovering using backup controlfile. The syntactic direction to use backup controlfile implies an incomplete recovery. Since you told it to use a backup controlfile, the recovery mechanism cannot be sure where the end of redo is, so you have to tell it when to stop and then do an "open resetlogs".

This is not a bug at all. The simple workaround is to copy the online redolog as you did and point the recover to it. No sweat. Why didn't you just clone everything, including the non-backup controlfile and just to a normal recovery?