Re: Invoker Rights - Am I missing Something.

From: Frank Hubeny <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 22:15:28 GMT

I modified the package body to testme1 as follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY testme1 IS procedure process is jobnum INTEGER; stmnt VARCHAR2(1000); x integer; BEGIN insert into test values
(9, 9, 9); commit; stmnt :='insert into test values (1, 2, 3);';
DBMS_JOB.submit(jobnum, stmnt, sysdate); END process; end testme1;

(1) The extra job for the "commit" was perhaps a misunderstanding of

    what was recommended. This was omitted.

(2) Included in the dbms_job.submit was the third parameter with

    "sysdate" as value. This was recommended by a previous respondant.

Make sure job_queue_processes is at least 1. You can set this dynamically through "alter system set job_queue_processes=1;" if it is not already set.

After you execute the query, you will see the job in the queue by querying user_jobs: "select job,what from dba_jobs;" However, after about a minute or so, the job will leave the queue and you will see the record in the test table.

Frank Hubeny