Invoker Rights - Am I missing Something.

From: SMiller <____steve.miller_at_redeye.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 16:53:27 +0100

Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux.

I have 2 users created......A and B.

I perform the following in B.

    create table test (one number, two number, three number);     grant insert, update, delete on test to public;

Then, I perform the following in A.

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKATE testme1
authid current_user IS

    Procedure process;

end testme1;

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY testme1 IS

procedure process is

    jobnum      INTEGER;
    stmnt       VARCHAR2(1000);
    x           integer;
BEGIN
     insert into redeyedev.test values (9, 9, 9);
  commit;
     stmnt := 'insert into test values (1, 2, 3);';
     DBMS_JOB.submit(jobnum, stmnt);
     stmnt := 'commit;';
     DBMS_JOB.submit(jobnum, stmnt);

END process;

end testme1;

Finally I perform the following in B.

    exec a.testme1.process;

Table test has 9, 9, 9 inserted as expected. BUT
DBA_JOBS has the job in the jobqueue but it does not get run. Table test does not have 1, 2, 3 inserted as the job has not been executed.

Am I missing a grant somewhere, or is the above example not possible?

Is there a better way of doing this? Received on Fri May 11 2001 - 10:53:27 CDT