Re: Connecting as INTERNAL

From: Sathish B <SathishRani_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 01:07:12 GMT

I think the name of the password file matters . It has to be in a particular format to work . I have had this problem and when i changed it to a particular format it worked . Not sure what else did i change

  Gary

  Tho Nguyen wrote:

    Jon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have tried to change internal password for an Oracle8i instance
 under

> NT40, so I have created the file PWDCPL5500.ora using ORAPWD
 (orapwd

> file=PWDCPL5500 password=admin entries=5 )utility and I have
 replaced the

> older password file with the new one. The problem now is that I
 cannot

> connect as INTERNAL either with the older password or with the new
one

    as it
> returns the "ORA 01031 - Insufficent privileges" error.
>
> I would appreciate any help. Thank in advanced,
    Hi,
    Did you shutdown and startup the database?     And the new passwordfile is the same name with the old one?     Another way: alter user sys identified by xxx;     INTERNAL user will use xxx password.     HTH,
    Tho Nguyen