spooling statement problem

From: Kirk W. Conrad <kwconrad_at_mdanderson.org>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 15:25:21 -0500

I'm spooling derived statements to a file that I want to execute in sqlplus. The problem is that the statement I'm using is spooling to the file also along with the spool off statement. I get the following in the spooled file. All I want is the analyze statements. Is there some sqlplus variable I can use to prevent this?

SQL> select 'analyze table ' || owner || '.' || table_name || ' list chained rows;'

  2     from dba_tables
  3     where chain_cnt <> 0 and (chain_cnt/num_rows) > .1
  4       and owner not in ('SYS','SYSTEM');
analyze table xxx.yyyyyy list chained rows; analyze table ggg.wwww list chained rows;

SQL> spool off

Thanks.
Kirk Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 15:25:21 CDT