Re: Optimizer and block size changes = big problem.

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 10 May 2001 20:37:02 -0500

On Wed, 09 May 2001, rsanchez_at_more.net wrote:

> Set 10053 on the mysterious queries

Is there a documentation for this?

I have seen this talked about but can't find this trick anywhere and I'm assuming there are others like it.

> Bear in mind that for really huge multi-way joins, the plan
> permutations could exceed the default 8,000 maximum, so some
> plans may not be considered. Not normally likely, but possible.

Whoa. Never knew this one. Probably will never happen upon it, but it will be squirreled away and maybe ring some bell down the road.

Thanks.

--
Galen
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?