Re: ALTER TABLE...ADD PARTITION...TABLESPACE <tablespace_name> fails

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 14:07:44 +0100

The move command is synchronous.

Generically, v$session_longops gives information per session about the progress of long-running activities. I haven't checked it for the MOVE command.

BTW - I haven't run the bug completely to ground, since I got the 8.1.7.1 fix very quickly, but I think if try to get 3 moves running concurrently you will get an ora_00600; if you restrict yourself to 2, you will only hit the problem if they start within a couple of seconds of each other.

--

Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html