Re: Locally managed tablespaces and migrated rows

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:38:29 GMT

On Wed, 9 May 2001 15:55:54 +0100, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Execute Immediate is a wonderful thing, isn't it.
>
>It gets very slow after the first thousand or so.
>I was doing one LM tablespace = one file of 128K,
>and making the file readonly immediately (to
>avoid checkpoint problems) and the rate of creation
>dropped to fewer than one every 10 seconds.

You mean you ACTUALLY CREATED them?????? Now I know what you mean by "testing destructively"! I'm completely surprised you got that far. I'd have expected it to cark around some suitable power of 2 with an overflow bug somewhere. Around 16K or thereabouts.

As for all the other stuff you and Anjo talking about, I'm joining Howard and bailing out now. Got enough problems with "dirk", don't need anymore...
(but, you both left a bee under my cap now!) :-D

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 04:38:29 CDT