Re: Locally managed tablespaces and migrated rows

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 21:47:09 +0800

Jonathan Lewis wrote:

> Especially if you have a tablespace quota -
> each extent requires an update to tsq$
> even if the tablespace is an LMT.
>
> --
> Jonathan Lewis
> Yet another Oracle-related web site: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk
>
> Practical Oracle 8i: Building Efficient Databases
> Publishers: Addison-Wesley
>
> Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html
>
> Anjo Kolk wrote in message <3AF97749.F86630E8_at_chello.nl>...
> >
> >Try drop table on 80.000 extents tables ;-)
> >
> >Anjo.

Then you get the nice people at Siebel - a system of which I'm currently implementing - who dropped me a line saying "do not use LMT's, we don't support them"....

What is there to "support" ?!?!?!

Ugh!

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"