Re: ANYONE PLEASE ADVISE

From: Liz Reen <lizr_at_geologist.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:23:54 -0400

In article <3AF62459.F39BFFE2_at_home.com>, george.ngan_at_home.com says...
> Thanks guys, actually I am self-studying the OCP (Oracle 8i DBA). I had those
> computer base training CDs. But my concern is difficult to get a job in this
> field, do you have any ideas how to get an entry level position.?
>
> George

The OCP test is not a replacement for real experience. An OCP without any experience will not open any doors for you. Have you ever been paid for any computer work? Have you programmed or managed systems? What sort of background are you coming from? Why are you interested in being a DBA? Without knowing this it will be hard to give you an idea of your chances at finding and keeping a DBA position.

Liz Received on Thu May 10 2001 - 08:23:54 CDT