Installation/Config problem on NT4 Server

From: Jeff Noel <noe_at_noenvisionetspam.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 13:54:21 -0400

Hi all--

To make the background story short, here is the situation:

I'm an IT professional that has been tasked to Install Oracle 7.3.4 Server on a WinNT4 Server test environment. This is for the purpose of examining the upgrade paths of multiple SW packages that rely on this version of Oracle to function.

I have NO Oracle experience to speak of, other than installing the client and setting up alias connections.

Once you all stop rolling your eyes and laughing, here's the problem:

I cannot get the OracleServiceORCL service to start (the WINNT error message states, "The specified module could not be found") which of course causes the OracleStartORCL service to not start. I have combed the internet and the documentation for a clue as to what causes this, and it seems that:

  1. The error message I get with the code, ORA-09352, "OracleService(SID) has not been started" does not correspond to the error code message I found online: "Windows 32-bit Two-Task driver unable to spawn new ORACLE task". This, of course means that any troubleshooting information available does not address the issue.
  2. Based on everything I've read (big caveat there), My configuration is correct.

Any ideas? I will answer any inquiries for more info. Use the address below to respond directly.

Thanks for your time
Jeff Noel
noel_at_envisionet.com Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 12:54:21 CDT