Stored JAVA/ORACLE 8.1.7

From: Javier Barrachina <jbarra_at_ofelia.tid.es>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 12:29:03 +0200

Hi everyone,

    I am trying to load some .class in Oracle 8.1.7, I have not configured anything to work with stored Java and I only have installed all Java options. When I try to load all .class I need, it fails saying:

creating : DireccionInvalida
Error while computing shortname of DireccionInvalida

    ORA-06550: line 1, column 13:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_JAVA.SHORTNAME' must be declared ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Well, at this point I can go on at the publication process and all it is ok, there is no more errors until I call one class from a PL/SQL program, and it says that the class I am trying to call does not exists. I don't really know where is the error, I supose that may be a special database configuration (inti.ora, classpath...), but I don't know. I don't really know if I need the JDK where I compiled my .class in somewhere too. ¿Can anybody help me?

Thank you all.
Javier Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 05:29:03 CDT