grant and role

From: andy <news_at_info-line.it>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 13:29:08 GMT

I have an Oracle 8.1.6 database installed on Windows NT4. I have a tablespace 'example' and a user with the same name. I've created a role called 'rexample'.
The user own some object, in particular some tables. I've assigned 'connect' and 'rexample' roles to the users. At this point i would like to grant object privileges on role 'rexample'.

One solution is:

GRANT SELECT ON "EXAMPLE"."OBJECT1" TO "REXAMPLE";
GRANT SELECT ON "EXAMPLE"."OBJECT2" TO "REXAMPLE";
GRANT SELECT ON "EXAMPLE"."OBJECT3" TO "REXAMPLE";

But there is a lot of objects in tablespace and the object can be added sometimes.
I would like to have a command (e.g. a stored procedure) that grant all the obects automatically.

Thanks in advance.

Andy. Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 08:29:08 CDT