Re: Oracle Installation problem --(Display problem)

From: Joe Long <joelong306_at_telocity.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 20:16:25 -0600

I'm not sure but I think I removed the following from .bash_profile:

DISPLAY=localhost:0.0; export DISPLAY

I then started an X-Windows session
and instead of typing
cd /mnt/cdrom
./runInstaller

I just double clicked on the cdrom icon
and then double clicked on the ./runInstaller icon

I think the DISPLAY setting is for executing the ./runInstaller from a shell within X-windows

hope that helps
--joe

"Dominiq S" <dom_at_simps44.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:9dccck$vvl$1_at_news6.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi All,
> I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6i on Linux Redhat 6.1(on
 Intel),
> i have got to the point where i am executing the runInstaller
> (./runInstaller) as the oracle user, but i keep getting these
> DISPLAYerrors.
> Xlib:Cannot connect to the server...using DISPLAY localhost:0.0
>
> I have set all the neccessary environment variables particularly the
 DISPLAY