Oracle Installation problem --(Display problem)

From: Dominiq S <dom_at_simps44.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 22:14:47 +0100

Hi All,

         I am trying to install Oracle 8.1.6i on Linux Redhat 6.1(on Intel), i have got to the point where i am executing the runInstaller (./runInstaller) as the oracle user, but i keep getting these DISPLAYerrors.
Xlib:Cannot connect to the server...using DISPLAY localhost:0.0

I have set all the neccessary environment variables particularly the DISPLAY variable in the /home/oracle/.bash_profile as instructed by all the oracle documents and other relevant documents but i still keep getting these errors.

I have tried to set DISPLAY to localhost:0.0, i have tried $ xhost +localhost .
my ORACLE_TERM was set to vt100, is that the possible problem?,. Could someone with a working and successsfully installed oracle system send me a copy of their .bash_profile file.
Your assistance willm be greatly appreciated.Thanks Received on Wed May 09 2001 - 16:14:47 CDT