Re: privilege error message inst repository??

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 18:45:59 +0200

"Eric" <staceye_at_picknowl.com.au--NOSPAM> wrote in message news:3af80f2d_at_newsserver1.picknowl.com.au...
> Hi,
> I am trying to get designer to work and I am trying to create /install the
> repository but when I click start I get the following error message:
> You do not have SELECT privilege on sys.V_$PARAMETERS view.
> This process can not proceed.
> Can anyone tell me how to fix this?
>
> I have managed to add the other required privileges by using appropriate
> grant statements in sqlplus, but I can't seem to find/get the syntax to
> correct this error.
> It is not even listed when I chose check requirements.
> any help appreciated
> regards
> Eric

This is, AFAIK, a known bug.
The obvious workaround is to issue the grant yourself. Connect as sys in sqlplus (can be done from the repository administrator) and issue
grant select on v$_parameter to <repository_owner>; and resume the operation.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 11:45:59 CDT