Re: Problems with Oracle 8i on W2k - ORA-01034: ORACLE not available - after

From: Neil <npluckne_at_ford.com>
Date: 8 May 2001 08:28:59 GMT

"wayne" <no_at_email.please.com> wrote in <9d46ai$suc_at_dispatch.concentric.net>:

>> Shutting down server using standby or hibernate does not cause a problem
>> but as soon as server has been restarted once Oracle will never work
>> again!
>
>Power-saving features mess up computers all the time, and not just the
>Oracle server. It;s worth it to just turn it off.

I know it - you know it - the whole world of Oracle & IT staffs know it. Now try telling the bean counters in charge of the company who see such features as a way of saving more $$$'s from the companies services budget inorder to make themselves more $$$'s in annual bonuses every year.

Neil
(not being cynical - more a case of been there, tried to do it) Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 03:28:59 CDT