Re: Instance of Oracle 8.1.7 Standard-Edition do not start automatically

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 14:25:05 +0100

You can download the patches (quite slowly <G> since you are in europe) from http://metalink.oracle.com. or possibly from technet.

I actually quite like having the services start manually. In general if the machine has crashed I like to find out why before letting people back in. I have a script for each instance of the form

connect / as sysdba;
startup;
exit;

this can be run from sqlplus. (or using a batch file) from a shortcut on the desktop.

You could also try running oradim -edit <sid> -startmode auto.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA