Re: dbms_stats on 8.1.7 - who is using it?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 21:35:58 +0800

Paul Drake wrote:

> I saw an interesting presentation on the use of DBMS_STATS.
> in reading the package headers - I see that it was last modified back in
> June 1999.
>
> Seems like 2 years ought to be long enough for the kinds to be worked
> out.
>
> Any gotchas?
>
> thanks,
>
> Paul

I remember reading somewhere that it had a problem in the gather_stale type of processing, other than that, I've used it pretty much as a straight substitute for analyze - mainly to get better partition stats

hth
connor

Connor McDonald
http://www.oracledba.co.uk (mirrored at
http://www.oradba.freeserve.co.uk)

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"