Re: How can I PL/SQL from excell

From: Neil <npluckne_at_ford.com>
Date: 8 May 2001 08:24:48 GMT

"Baba Yetunde" <nospam_at_nospam.com> wrote in <WClI6.4696$Ml1.828130_at_news1.cableinet.net>:

>Is it possible to call PL/sql or a stored procedure from Excell and
>popupate the Excel fields?

We were forced down this route recently - together with a set of "hacked" ODBC drivers from the<censored> contractors in charge of O.A. suppport in the USA. So we wound up investing in a product called "SQL*XLS" - simple enough - it's basically a .xla file which you add in to Excel and, provided you know the service name/SID you can extract data from either a stored procedure or on the fly sql statements.

Neil. Received on Tue May 08 2001 - 03:24:48 CDT