Re: max size of datafile

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 11:32:45 +0200

"andy" <news_at_info-line.it> wrote in message news:3af6632c.7017210_at_news.cis.dfn.de...
> I have an Oracle 7.3.4 database under Sco Unix Openserver 3.2 5.0. The
> db_block_size parameter is set to 2048.
> What is the maximum size reachable of one datafile?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Andy.

From the Oracle 8i reference (it didn't change between 7 and 8i and I don't have the Oracle 7 doco)

Oracle 8i reference, chapter 4
Database file size
 maximum
 O/S dependent, limited by maximum O/S file size; typically 222 or 4M blocks

Similar documentation exists for Oracle 7 at http://technet.oracle.com. In that release it is Appendix A in the Oracle Server Administrator's manual. Pure documentation questions are best avoided in this group, they're beginning to constitute the majority of all questions.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 04:32:45 CDT