Re: Help - Long Raw column and Stored Procedure from JDBC

From: The Nomad <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 23:39:04 GMT

This is really ludicrous. Insane really. Oracle, in it's wisdome (and in the year 2001) decided that stored procedures could only receive parameters as large as 32k. This would make sense if it were, perhaps, 1982. But these days, 32k? Really. Unbelievable. What a piece of crap.

First, I find out that Oracle won't return rowsets correctly (using standard JDBC without having to import oracle-specific packages into my code) from SP's (or stored funcs in Oracle-speak), and now I find out that you can't call a SP with data for a LONG RAW of any appreciable size? Sounds like Oracle doesn't want anyone seriously using stored procedures. And I can tell from the lack of response that Oracle doesn't really monitor these news groups for customer feedback and problems. They could take pointers from the IBM team - at least in the DB2 news groups, if you have a question or problem that others can't answer, the IBM reps will step in and provide answers for you.

Simply amazing.

Oracle seems to want to make it as hard as possible for ISV's to work with their product. Ohhhh - I get it. They don't want to provide any *free* assistance to ISV's trying to use their product. If I'm willing to pay $2000 to partner with them, then they'll answer my questions and let me report bugs for an additional fee.

How reasonable. Not. Received on Mon May 07 2001 - 18:39:04 CDT