java access to Oracle Lite on a Palm?

From: Altmann, Michael <maltmann_at_abaton.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 20:13:00 -0500

Can anyone tell me how to connect to Oracle Lite on a Palm using java? I am trying to use IBM's j9 java. I took the stripped down version of java.sql that is distributed for DB2 on the Palm and use that along with the ORALITE40.jar that comes with Oracle Lite. I have also installed all the files that are in the Palm runtime directory that comes with Oracle Lite. I have created a database (I assume it is a OracleLite database) using the OracleLite mSQL tool on my Palm. However, when my java program tries to connect with a connection string "jdbc:polite:myDatabaseName" I get a jdbc error complaining that no driver could be found.

--
Michael Altmann   mailto:Michael.Altmann_at_iMcKesson.com