Re: Left Outer Join Syntax

From: nick <nick-love_at_juno.com>
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 21:30:11 -0000

Al Willis wrote:

> Can someone post the equivalent Oracle SQL statement also showing the
 proper
> use of the (+)?
>
> SELECT DISTINCT A.DATASHEET,A.REVISION FROM SCV_M A
> LEFT OUTER JOIN SCV_D B ON A.DATASHEET=B.DATASHEET AND
 A.REVISION=B.REVISION
> LEFT OUTER JOIN INDX_M C ON A.TAGNUMBER = C.TAGNUMBER
> LEFT OUTER JOIN INDX_M D ON A.AUXTAG1 = D.TAGNUMBER
> LEFT OUTER JOIN INDX_M E ON A.AUXTAG2 = E.TAGNUMBER
> LEFT OUTER JOIN CCV_M I ON B.TAG1=I.TAG1 AND B.TAG2=I.TAG2 AND
 B.TAG3=I.TAG3
> AND B.CASENO=I.CASENO
>

> Thanks,
>
> Al Willis

  well here's a simple query
  select e.name, e.salay, d.location,d.dname   from emp e, dept e
  where e.deptno(+)=d.deptno;

  the + sign is placed on the side with the lack of information.. this query will display all the employee's name, salary, location, and the department name for all employees including those department name that has no employess working in it.