Re: Scipt for following DB

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 12:25:32 +0200

On Sat, 5 May 2001 10:51:14 +0200, "rob" <rob_at_dsdelft.nl> wrote:

>> Sorry for that general question...but i'm feeling very bad since i've been
>> responsable of all that DB.
>First of all tell your boss you can't be responsible for the DB's if you
>don't have enough knowledge to perform these tasks, at least put up a good
>fight to make them aware of the risks.
>
>Second check out www.orafaq.com lots of scripts and white papers there that
>will get you on your way.
>
>http://www.orafaq.com/faqscrpt.htm#SPACE
>http://www.orafaq.com/faqdbacv.htm
>
>Good luck,
>Rob

Of course his boss should be made clear either *he* is responsible for the risk, or he should hire someone else permanent or on consultancy basis. He should also be made clear, he can't expect @nnibale will have mastered the DBA task in a few months, and depending on the current state of the databases, he is living on the brink of disaster. I would also advise his boss to get OEM + the additional packs (it will cost him probably a few $$), to implement a better alert system, than is available by running freeware and shareware scripts.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat May 05 2001 - 05:25:32 CDT