Compaq, UNIX and space

From: Steve Bell <stephen.bell_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 08:30:14 -0400

Hi group,

I'm doing an install of 8i Enterprise on a Compaq (Tru64) UNIX platform.

Everything's fine up until the end of the install where it says I don't have enough space for the datafiles..the server is empty and I can manually copy files into the destination directory so I know there's room.
As far as I can see the 'oracle' installer user has all the permissions and there's no permission problem indicated in the error message, only that there's not enough space.

I had the same message earlier in the install relating to the 'tmp' directory..I copied about 50 meg of files into that manually and removed them...so again there is room...

All I need to do to finish this install is get the database files in there....any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Steve Received on Sat May 05 2001 - 07:30:14 CDT