Re: Create 8.1.7 instance on Win2000 fails, no controlfile

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 10:33:22 +0200

> >RUN FROM COMMANDLINE:
> >oradim -new -sid HBMS -startmode a -pfile
 "D:\Eg\Database\inithbms_8i.ora"

> >PARAMETERFILE:
> >control_files = ("D:\EG\Database\hbmsora1.ctl")
>

> So, does the path D:\EG\Database\ literally exist. ( case specific)?

Well, not case specific, but it does exist. The parameterfile is in this location and oradim does find the parameterfile. Usually, on Windoze there is no need to be case specific in filename and path, anyway I will try that !

Peter Received on Fri May 04 2001 - 03:33:22 CDT