Re: Blank columns in SQL*LDR data file.

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 04 May 2001 09:50:49 +0100 (BST)

Jason Gonzales <jgonzales_at_plateautel.com> wrote:
>I am using SQLLDR to load tab delimited data into an 8.1.7 database. The
>datafile contains a leading blank column (leading tab) so I've created the
>destination table with the first column BLANK_COLUMN and then loading the
>data into this staging table. After the data is loaded into this staging
>table, I wrote a PL/SQL program to populate the permanent tables. Is there
>a way to make SQLLDR skip this first colunm during the data load?

I have an sql*ldr control file that has to skip the first few data characters in the input. The syntax I use is:

COLUMN_NAME position (*+7) terminated by ',' enclosed by '"',

You may be able to adapt this for your problem. See the "Oracle 8i Utilities" manual for full SQL*LDR control file syntax, and several examples.

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/