Re: DB_BLOCK_LRU_STATISTICS

From: Milos Horvat <mhorvat_at_eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 22:59:29 +0100

Franck Gauthier <fxg1_at_osi.com> wrote in message news:3AF16FF6.A790C956_at_osi.com...
> Hi,
>
> On metalink Oracle recommends to not setup DB_BLOCK_LRU_STATISTICS and
> db_block_lru_extended_statistics on production system for Oracle server
> 7.3.x.
> They will be obsolete in 8i.
> My understanding is that they causing problems in 8.0 too.
> Can someone confirm this?
>
> Regards

Hi,

I can confirm, that setting DB_BLOCK_LRU_EXTENDED_STATISTICS causes problems on 8.0.4. We head such problem in one of our development databases running on the 8.0.4 on the HP-UX 11.00. After this parameter was set database started to hang. There was no problem for 2-3 hours of work and suddenly database hang. It was not possible to connect to the database with the any client sw. except with the sever manager. Using server manager it was possible to select from the fixed tables but not from any other. In order to be able to work again we needed to abort instance. After restart situation was similar, database worked fine for some time when suddenly hang again.

Removing DB_BLOCK_LRU_EXTENDED_STATISTICS from init*ora has resolved the issue.

Regards,
Milos Horvat Received on Thu May 03 2001 - 16:59:29 CDT