Re: Multi-Threaded Server ?

From: Julien Reynier <julienr_at_satis.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 16:52:58 GMT

Hi,

I use Windows NT 4 Server on a AMD Athlon 800 Mhz with 512 Mo of Ram and with only one client connected to Application Server which is connected to Oracle database I experiencing swap problem.

When I use SQL Server 7 I experiencing no problem of swap.

Maybe Oracle 8i database needs more Ram than SQL Server 7 one.

Do you have any idea of the amount of RAM and swap to allocate to Oracle 8i ?

Thanks,

Jim Kennedy wrote:

> 100 connections, that is not very many. You don't need MTS for only 10
 0
> connections. What problem are you experiencing?
> Jim
>

> "Julien Reynier" <julienr_at_satis.com> wrote in message
> > So inspite of Oracle help, need to activate Multi-thread Server is
> > related to the number of connections and not to the number of clients
 .
> > If I use only one client but with a lot of connections I have to use
> > Multi-thread Server.
> >
> > Am I right ?
> >
> > Steve Long wrote:
> > >
> > > must use MTS? no.
> > > should use MTS? yes.
> > > oracle manages its own connection pool internally. there are no AP
 Is to
> > > "hook them up".
> > >
> > > "Julien Reynier" <julienr_at_satis.com> wrote in message

 Database

 pool.

--

Julien Reynier de Montlaux