Multi-Threaded Server ?

From: Julien Reynier <julienr_at_satis.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 09:49:17 GMT

Hi,

We developpe a CRM application (so we have OLTP problems) that uses Oracle 8i (8.1.6 or 8.17 depending of our clients) with Weblogic 4.5.1 EJB Application Server.

In our CRM application Light Clients (Internet Browsers) are connected to a weblogic application server which is connected to Oracle8i database by using a weblogic connection pool. So there is only one real Database client (the Weblogic 4.5.1 server), but this client uses a lot of connections (up to 100 connections are stored in the pool). So I would like to know if I must use Multi-Threaded Server or not.

Moreover if we have to use Multi-Threaded Server how can we tune the Weblogic 4.5.1 connection pool to dialog with Oracle 8i connection pool.

Thanks,

--
Julien Reynier