Re: I/O Buffer size

From: <61.12.128.6>
Date: 3 May 2001 07:32:35 GMT

Extent sizing is more to do with DB_BLOCK_SIZE, DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT and i/o max size for your platform.

You probably want to match db_block_size with file system block size. On Solaris try df -g <something_in_fs_u_r_interested_in> and look for the block size. It's usually 8k for ufs.

Igor.

> Hello all,
>
> Does anyone know how to determine the I/O buffer size of an operating
> system?
> I've been asked to do an install on UNIX box (not sure of what UNIX
> flavour) and I want to size my extents as a multiple of the I/O
> buffer....
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.
> Steve

Poster's IP address: 61.12.128.6
Posted via http://nodevice.com
Linux Programmer's Site Received on Thu May 03 2001 - 02:32:35 CDT