Re: Oracle databases not starting

From: Phil McAvity <Phil_at_at8ball.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 08:52:15 +0100

I found this on the oracle technet but it means nothing to me. For a start I am running Oracle on a freestanding server not on a network What os the SQL *Net driver?
What is the JSB driver
What is MFTP
What is the TCP_VENDOR key?
What is a valid TCP_VENDOR key?
How do you load a JSB driver?
How do you specify a correct TCP_VENDOR key?

Please help

ORA-12560 TNS:Protocol Adapter Error (network not loaded) This error occurs when the SQL*Net driver cannot find the JSB driver because you may have either forgotten to load the JSB driver (for instance MFTP) or used an incorrect TCP_VENDOR key (for example, TCP_VENDOR=NOVLWP). Load the JSB driver or use the correct TCP_VENDOR key.