Re: Trying to decide whether to support DB2 or Oracle

From: Jeroen van den Broek <jeroen.vandenbroek_at_nl.origin-it.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 11:37:08 +0200

Joe Lumbley wrote in message ...

>Why would it make more business sense for a consultant such as myself to
>move into either one of these two camps? I market a CRM application for
>Informix, and I think this may tend to tilt the advantage to Oracle because
>of their dominance in the CRM market, but I'm ready to listen to all sides.

On the contrary!
Why do you think Oracle competitors in the application-arena like SAP, I2, Siebel, Peoplesoft moved there main development platform from Oracle to DB2?

>If anybody can give me a peek from an executive or decision-maker's
>viewpoint, that would be even better. I know we're all techies here, and
>that we don't always know what's happening in the walnut-paneled offices.
>
>Joe Lumbley
>JP Lumbley & Associates, LLC
>Dallas, Tx

You might also want to have a look at:
http://biz.yahoo.com/iw/010501/0101026478.html Although this Press-release is coming from IBM and therefore biased, it is still interesting.

Jeroen. Received on Wed May 02 2001 - 04:37:08 CDT