Re: 2 sids, 2 external procedure listeners

From: Spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 00:07:00 -0500

the Oracle 9i Application Server 1.0.2.1 installation guide includes a recommendation that the listener process for the external procedure be run as a user other than oracle, and that this user should NOT have write authority on the database files.

it's not clear whether it is the listener process that is the security issue, or whether it is another process spawned by the listener (to handle "extproc").

i too, would find it helpful if the documentation went into a little more detail, or showed an example.