Re: trace file name

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 09:28:48 +0200

"Sven Schäfer" <s.schaefer_at_bmi-heidelberg.com> wrote in message news:newscache$lx4pcg$8lb$1_at_localhost.localdomain...
> Hi,
> I am searching for a possibility to retrieve the filename of the file
> that was generated with 'alter database backup controlfile to trace'.
> Any hints?
>
> TIA
>
> Sven

For Unix (and this might apply to NT also) the pid of the process is included in the trace file name

So
select spid
from v$session s, v$process p
where s.audsid = userenv('sessionid')
and p.addr = s.paddr
will give you the magic number in the trace file name

In svrmgr you could also use
(just tried it)
oradebug setmypid (debug current process) oradebug tracefile_name

The first tric doesn't work for SYS, as SYS has a zero audsid.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed May 02 2001 - 02:28:48 CDT