Re: Query from Oracle Reports caused temp tablespace to be full

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 12:27:47 +0100

Try checking v$mystat to see if *you* are causing a lot of sorts on disk. I would expect it may be that other users (v$sysstat) are causing perhaps too many sorts on disk at the same time? Perhaps you could alter your session to use a bigger sort_area_size/sort_area_retained_size assuming you didn't want to increase for everyone.

select n.name,m.value from v$mystat m,
v$statname n
where n.name like '%sort%'
and n.statistic# = m.statistic#

The temp tablespace should always be full - the only time it shrinks is when you restart the instance. You are confusing extent allocation with 'full'.