Java "designers" please stay away from my db design! Enough!

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 11:15:34 GMT

Please!

1- Stored procedures are *NOT* "evil". Whoever invented this one is a completely deranged total *MORON*!

2- I do *NOT* want application code in my packages, thank you very much! I want physical data independency so I can rearrange columns/tables without having to re-code programs or "extend the freakin Java classes"!

3- Triggers are darn useful in *ANY* database application. Period!

4- Replicated databases are not trivial to design. They require a *LOT* of work and modelling before a single line of *ANY* code can be written against them!

5- It is *two orders of magnitude* less efficient to code referential integrity in a Java class than it is to declare it in the database!

Call this a troll if you want. BUT I'm royally frustrated and pissed off at the attitude of these "expert Java Internet designers" and their complete and utter lack of knowledge of database design, data management and network traffic management!

Sorry, folks. Bad day. Had to vent or I'd go mad! Bye.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 06:15:34 CDT