Re: online backup of the redologs

From: Stephen Ashmore <sashmore_at_neonramp.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 19:24:21 -0000

The 'best' way I have found is to switch archive logs after the HOT backup is complete. Then make sure you backup all of the archive logs generated during the backup cycle.

I also backup the online redo logs, although this is not necessary. If you do not have the online logs you can issue

alter database open resetlogs;

After media recovery is complete.

Hope this helps.

Stephen C. Ashmore