Re: EXPORT/IMPORT Problem - Can't get user imported into new DB...

From: Sunny Yu <sunny_at_medservintl.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 11:14:27 -0400

"andrew_webby at hotmail" <spam_at_no.thanks.com> wrote in message news:988710150.24911.0.nnrp-01.c30bdde2_at_news.demon.co.uk...

First I wanted to Thank You for your concern and advice.

> Seeing as you don't seem to want to read any manuals...

Actually, I did, even went through 4 different books that 'suppose to' help with migration... but they pretty much just tell you to use IMP... and did not really explain all of the options. I guess may be I was expecting too much from the books.

> imp help=y

This still didn't help with my situation...

> imp system/manager_at_db full=y commit=y feedback=50000 buffer=1048576
> file=export.dmp indexes=n
>
> Then, do another import with indexfile=something.sql and edit the CONNECT
> statements in that SQL. Then, run that SQL through sql*plus to create the

I will try this and see what happens, but from what I can tell, this will only import the indexes, which isn't what I am having problem with (at least that's not what I *think* I am having problem with) Mainly I am having a problem with importing users that do not own any objects into the new DB as mentioned by Frank. But I will definitely try your suggestion, and Thanks!

Sunny Received on Tue May 01 2001 - 10:14:27 CDT