Re: EXPORT/IMPORT Problem - Can't get user imported into new DB...

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:42:25 +0100

Seeing as you don't seem to want to read any manuals...

imp help=y

imp system/manager_at_db full=y commit=y feedback=50000 buffer=1048576 file=export.dmp indexes=n

Then, do another import with indexfile=something.sql and edit the CONNECT statements in that SQL. Then, run that SQL through sql*plus to create the indexes.

"Sunny Yu" <sunny_at_medservintl.com> wrote in message news:terk7n41vmg7db_at_corp.supernews.com...

> > "Sunny Yu" <sunny_at_medservintl.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to migrate our Oracle 7.1.3 DB to 8.1.6 using
 export/import.
> > > got most of it working, but can't seem to get the users imported?!
 The
 IMP
> > > finished fine and gave only warning messages, but when I check the 8i
 DB,