Re: Change Management: Quest Schema Mangler or Embarcadero Change Mangler

From: Stephen Bell <stephen.bell_at_cgi.ca>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 13:08:47 GMT

Hi David,

"Change Mangler"? Hmmm...I'm not sure if that's a typo or a Freudian slip :)

I've just come from a project at a telecommunications company where I used Change Manager ...I was happy with it for a number of reasons, not the least of which that it could "speak" both Oracle and Sybase, which was helpful. As you've said though it
only identifies structural changes so if we ran DML scripts in the DEV environment, it wouldn't identify that the row changes had not yet been propagated to the PROD environment. To do this, an internal tool was developed to compare each table in the two environments and show any differences in a temporary.
So although I can vouch for Embarcadero Change Manager for producing DDL scripts I don't have a product recommendation for verifying that DML was correctly propagated to a production environment.

Regards,

Steve