Re: EXPORT/IMPORT Problem - Can't get user imported into new DB...

From: Sunny Yu <sunny_at_medservintl.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 17:00:41 -0400

> "Sunny Yu" <sunny_at_medservintl.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to migrate our Oracle 7.1.3 DB to 8.1.6 using export/import.
> > got most of it working, but can't seem to get the users imported?! The
 IMP
> > finished fine and gave only warning messages, but when I check the 8i
 DB,
> > none of the users are imported. Any idea/help will be greatly
 appreciated!

> > Sunny
> >

> This post just doesn't provide any clue to resolve your problem.
> Commandline? You weren't importing with show=y hopefully.
> What 'warning messages'?
>
> Regards,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Ah, as a newbie, I ran the IMP command with most of the default, which includes show=y. I know, all the "error" showed and flooded the screen. Thanks, and I think the problem is like Frank had pointed out, that most of the users don't own any objects. I just wanted to get all the users' name and password moved to the new DB without having to ask all of them, any idea?

Oh, the command I used --> IMP SYSTEM/password_at_dbname

Thanks for your attention,
Sunny Received on Mon Apr 30 2001 - 16:00:41 CDT