Question concerning recovery in time

From: Frank an der Heiden <fh_at_energotec.de>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 00:22:29 +0200

hi folks,

let's say, I have a database, running in archivelog-mode and I do an online backup of my databasefiles.

it's no problem to recover the database in the "normal" way, as long, as I have all neccessary archivelogs, redo-logs and controlfiles.

but what about this backup-set, if I do a recover until time and afterwards an alter database open resetlogs.

is my backupset (with backupset I mean my databasefiles) usable any longer? I would say no, because the SCN in the controlfile is reset, but I'am not 100 percent sure.

has anybody experience with recovery in time? any suggestion is welcome.

thanx
frank Received on Mon Apr 30 2001 - 17:22:29 CDT