Re: How to move table with long objects?

From: Mark Poulakowski <mpoulako_at_flashmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 11:25:33 -0400

Another Method is to CREATE TABLE TEMP AS SELECT * FROM AB. STORAGE Tablespace <New Tablespace>

Drop the old table and then rename TEMP AB

Of Course during Both this and the exp when you drop the table all grants and triggers to the table are lost.

<xmark.powell_at_eds.com.x> wrote in message news:9cborn$jq2$1_at_news.netmar.com...
> In article <3AE951E1.E605D1B1_at_aixigo.de>, Heiko Stein
 <Heiko.Stein_at_web.de>
> writes:
> >I would like to move a table with a long object to another tablespace.
> >I use Oracle 8.1.6.
> >
> >I tried
> > "alter table XY move tablespace AB"
> >and
> > "alter table XY move tablespace AB lob (LOB_COLUMN_NAME) store
> >as ( tablespace AB )"
> >
> >but everytime I get the error "ORA-00997: Illegal use of LONG datatype".
> >
> >Any idea ???
>
> The traditional method would be to exp the table, drop it, run the DDL to
> recreate the table in new tablespace, imp the table using the ignore=y
> parameter.
>
> -- Mark D Powell --

 eb -----
> http://newsone.net/ -- Free reading and anonymous posting to 60,000+
 groups
> NewsOne.Net prohibits users from posting spam. If this or other posts
> made through NewsOne.Net violate posting guidelines, email
abuse_at_newsone.ne Received on Sun Apr 29 2001 - 10:25:33 CDT